Board of Directors
- We support a Safe and Inclusive Environment
- We support a Growth Mindset
- We facilitate Personal Growth
- Team Building is essential in achieving goals
- Developing Positive Relationships is Key to Personal Growth
- Link Veterans to Local Resources
- We promote individual Health and Wellness
- Provide resources to obtain Meaningful Employment
CREATE A SUPERIOR VETERAN EXPERIENCE
Veteran success relies on superior experiences at every step of a veteran's journey. We invest in their futures by building on clear and well-defined goals to help them achieve a degree/certificate, secure meaningful employment, and successfully transition from active duty.
To assist in making this happen, we will:
- Infuse the whole War Eagle Garage experience with an inclusive and Vet-to-Vet support system.
- Reduce barriers to success by expanding our support for veterans from diverse backgrounds throughout their journey with the War Eagle Garage, from connection through completion.
- Promote positive decision-making that is built on "Changing Gears and Thinking Inside the box" that actively engages veterans in successfully transitioning from active duty into the civilian environment.
- Benefit from the creativity, expertise, and innovation of our community partners, and we will promote collaboration among veterans, veteran services, and other higher learning institutions.
EMBRACE ORGANIZATIONAL EXCELLENCE
Veteran success grows from a culture that fosters inclusivity, innovation, collaboration, and excellence. In all the activities and dialog, we will strive to include and respect the diverse experiences, values, and perspectives of our veterans and public partners, and we will actively work to ensure that the War Eagle Garage is a welcoming and inclusive environment. Because an investment in our partners is an investment in our veterans, we will:
- Recognize partners' contributions and support training and professional development that help our veterans, both students and non-students, grow.
- Focus on agility and efficiency in our organizational processes since they ultimately affect our veterans' ability to navigate the transitioning experience smoothly.
- Invest in safe, accessible, and appealing facilities that meet veterans' and staff's needs.
- Commit to fiscal responsibility and efficiency in all operations so that our resources can be focused on best assisting veterans, and we will invest in successful grant development and fundraising to broaden our funding sources.
- Continue to assess our work and use data to make informed decisions.